The lead-free polymer safety fittings are the result of continuous technical innovation and research. This new range was designed and patented to reach the highest safety standards regarding the connection of in-wall multi-layer pipe installations.
The fittings are made from PPSU (polyphenylsulfone) which is a high-performance polymer that has excellent impact and chemical resistance. It is commonly used in the fields of avionics due to its lightweight nature and flame-proof characteristics, and in medical applications such as human joint replacements due to its high impact strength and compatibility with human tissue. The material is also lead-free, making it the safest choice for drinking water applications.
Patented tools flare the pipe around the fitting to maintain precise inside diameters of the fittings, reducing pressure drops throughout the fittings. The pipe is then locked on the fitting by a tight collar/cap connection and can be unlocked and used again.
The idea to develop the safety fittings came from the decision to increase the flow – consequently decreasing pressure drops, friction, noise and enabling the reduction of pipe sizes in some cases. This has been achieved by making a greater diameter socket on the pipe head for the connection.
The project has been carried out step by step, going through all necessary tests and paying great attention to reliability factors for its in-wall piping use. The production of the safety fittings began only after receiving certifications from international authorities for the whole range, and its dedicated accessories.
The socket on the pipe head is made by a special patented tool that ensures a quick, reliable, and safe connection.
- Simple and safe connections for in-wall installations
- Zero lead resulting in a safer option for drinking water applications
- High impact-resistance
- High flow rates and low-pressure drops
- Substantially quieter than crimp type plastic systems and metallic piping
- Quick-and-easy installation
- Possibility to unlock fittings for re-use, reducing wastage
- Resistant to lime, cement, plaster, and electrochemical reaction
- Low cost and economical dedicated patented tools