02 May Multi Calor Pipes: A Brief Introduction
After years of research, we at Aquatechnik were able to support the development of multilayer piping technology. These pipes are a combination of improved technology that includes:
- Dual layers of new adhesives that are far more resistant to mechanical stresses than the other kinds
- High-performance aluminium alloy plates that are easier to weld
- Cross-linked polyethylene internal layer (PE-X)
Additionally, what makes the multi-calor pipes greater is the balance between cost and quality – just because we believe in providing affordable products without compromising on quality. Plus, multi calor pipes are classified according to the UNI EN 21003, class 1. These pipes can be used with the complete range of Aquatechnik fittings including:
- Com-press (in galvanised brass alloy) Delete highlighted
- Safety system (in PPSU – polyphenylsulfone)
- Crimp-fitting (in galvanised brass and stainless steel)
- Valu-Technik (heating-cooling radiant panel system, low temperatures)
*You can also get multi-calor pipes in pre-insulated rolls
Advantages of Multi-Calor Pipes
- Great resistance to high working temperatures and pressures
- Chemical stability and safety of potable fluids for human consumption
- No corrosion
- Reliability and long-time life of piping installations/plants
- Fluid flow-ability and lower pressure drops
- Lower thermal leakage
- Lower installation and transportation costs to the work site
- Simple and safe jointing
- Less processing waste
- Can be used for all hydro-sanitary, heating, conditioning systems
- Can be used for installations with radiant panels and several applications
If you are wondering where can these pipes be used, here is the answer: they are mainly used in House Building, Industrial, and Services Sector. Multi-calor pipes have a maximum temperature of 95°C, and less than 0°C minimum temperature, which is possible through special HVAC applications that prevent icing inside the pipes.
Here are some important features of multi calor pipes:
Pipes need to be bent according to the area they are being installed at; the combination of cross-linked polyethylene and aluminium makes these pipes more flexible and stable.
When the pipes are used for the transport of consumable fluids, it should be made sure that they are not made of hazardous compounds. Thanks to the multi calor pipes, they are 100% non-toxic and safe to use in every area.
- Lower thermal expansion
Multi calor pipes’ thermal expansion is approx. eight times lower than all plastic pipes.
- Barrier against oxygen and light
Multi-calor pipes being multi-layered with a butt-welded aluminium layer, act as a barrier against oxygen and light that wouldn’t have been possible otherwise with single layer plastic pipes.